The activities are structured in 6 Research Units (RU):
1) Technological RU. Activities: installation of a temporary multigas station (1st-2nd year), restoration of the tilt network and installation of seismo-acoustic (1st-2nd year), geochemical stations and seismic array, set-up of transmission and acquisition systems, and network maintenance (3rd-4th year).
2) Seismo-acoustic RU. Activities: discrimination between volcano and cryosphere-ocean-atmosphere signals, investigation of volcano signals and cryosphere-ocean-atmosphere signals (2nd-4th year).
3) Tilt RU. Activities: modelling of tilt data and investigation of the time series of air and permafrost temperature (2nd-4th years).
4) Geochemical RU. Activities: assessment and mapping of the fumarolic and glacio-volcanic areas of Melbourne and Rittmann, study of the microclimate and energy exchanges between cave and external environment in the fumarolic areas and geochemical characterisation of the fluids (1st-4th year), and evaluation of the feasibility of installing permanent geochemical stations (3rd-4th year).
5) Integration RU. Activities: integration of results from RUs 2, 3 and 4 (2nd-4th year).
6) Outreach RU. Activities: dissemination of the project results to (i) scientific community: raw data sharing by making a project website/portal/data repository, and distribution of data products by reports, papers, and conference attendance; and to (ii) general public: implementation of the website, multimedia contents, fact sheet/outreach booklet, and holding educational seminars at schools.
PROJECT ACTIVITY STRUCTURE AND RESEARCH UNITS
PROJECT GANTT DIAGRAM