If you have any questions about ICE-VOLC project or need information, please contact us using this page.
During 10 January – 6 February 2017, the following volcanological activities were carried out:
- Survey of Mt. Melbourne and Rittmann to identify outcrops in the deglaciated areas.
- Collection of two samples of 2 scoria bombs on Mt. Rittmann.
- Collection of 5 samples of ash within the glaciers close to Mt. Melbourne.
- Collection of 30 samples of pumice, lava bombs, scoria from Mt. Melbourne.
The main purpose of the seismic activities during the XXXII expedition was to collect information to choose the site where a permanent station will be installed in the XXXIII expedition. Hence, during 10 January – 6 February 2017 the following activities were carried out:
- Recordings of 68 days of data by two 3C seismic stations installed in 9 different sites: 2 in Tethys Bay, 2 on Mt. Rittmann and 5 on Mt. Melbourne.
- Radio transmission test.